British Blues Explosion Live
• Joe Bonamassa has sold well over 3 million records worldwide and has fifteen #1 Billboard Blues Albums; his previous DVDs are certified gold.
• His most recent studio album, Blues of Desperation, released in March of 2016, marks his 16th #1 Blues album on the Billboard charts, more than any other artist, and landed at #5 on the Billboard Top Album Sales, his highest charting yet in the US. In Europe, it charted in 15 countries.
• Joe is touring Europe extensively in 2018.
• His latest collaborative album with vocal ”powerhouse” Beth Hart called ‘Black Coffee’ debuted at #1 in the Dutch album charts. Other chart positions include a #4 in Germany and #7 in the UK.
• Joe Bonamassa has been featured on the cover of virtually every guitar magazine multiple times. His name is notorious among guitarists not only for being a virtuoso, but also for his incredible collection of vintage guitars, gear and memorabilia.
Joe Bonamassa, the two-time GRAMMY-nominated blues rock guitar icon, who will kick-off his UK and European tour March 9th, has announced the release of British Blues Explosion Live on Friday 18th May on CD/DVD/Blu-Ray & 3LP (Black / Red, White & Blue) via Mascot Label Group in Europe and J&R Adventures in North America.
The DVD and Blu-ray includes amazing bonus content such as Joe performing “Taxman” Live at the Cavern Club, Joe being honoured with a “Brick In The Wall”, the British Blues Explosion Explained by Mick Wall and a photo gallery of the British Blues Explosion UK Tour.
A Salute to the British Blues Explosion, featuring the unbelievable music of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page! Joe pays tribute to his British Blues heroes during a short but very sweet tour of Britain – 5 performances only. This show was recorded at Greenwich Music Time at The Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London on July 7, 2016.
Joe Bonamassa has been more influenced by the impact of British Blues than by any other music out there. From a young age, the musically inclined Joe fell in love with the hard-rocking, gritty and edgy sound that emanated from mid-1960’s Britain. This is especially true of the highly innovative and evocative guitar music produced by three of the field’s greatest heavyweights, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page. With the deepest reverence for what these three men have accomplished and a true love of their music.<
Joe Bonamassa’s love of the British Blues is at the heart of his musical inspiration; and, for the first time, with this unforgettable performance he was able to give special homage to the British guitarists that inspired him, including Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page.
The five-piece band included Michael Rhodes (Bass), Reese Wynans (Keyboards), Anton Fig (Drums) and Russ Irwin (Rhythm Guitar & Backing Vocals).
Watch the trailer for the British Blues Explosion Live album here!